Revised and Approved January 1, 2016, LDES James L. Rothschiller, MD
Scope of the Policy
This policy applies to users of the LDES App, its participating physicians and clinicians, and all employees and business units who provide management, administrative, financial, legal, and operational support to or on behalf of LDES and have been designated as members of the LDES user group.
Statement Of Policy
All members of the LDES User groups are required to complete certain training (the “Training”) on HIPAA Privacy and Security if they use or disclose individually identified health information as part of their jobs. The Training must be completed within the first 30 days of employment.
Implementation of the LDES HIPAA Training Policy
A Training Quiz will be provided to all of the LDES User Group Members. Requirements are as follows:
1. Your company Privacy Official is responsible for the development and implementation of, and compliance with, privacy and training. LDES provides training quizzes and documentation of completion.
2. All LDES User Members must be trained on privacy policies and practices within thirty (30) days of the LDES membership agreement and thereafter, upon any material change.
- New employees of your company must complete a HIPAA review course approved by the Privacy Official and take a LDES HIPAA Privacy and Security quiz to receive documentation of that quiz.
- Passing grade of 100% is required. If this is not achieved, then a review course with a retake of the quiz is required. If a passing grade of 100% is not achieved on the retake, then the individual should meet with their Privacy Official.
3. Training Quiz Documentation sent to your company’s Privacy Official of must be kept for at least ten years on all members who have been trained on privacy policies and practices.
In order to obtain timely compliance with the Training, the LDES User must sign and adhere to the LDES App User Agreement.
The Training Quiz will be mandatory for any LDES App User who is part of your organization.